Education and Safety Committee
Education and Safety
- Chair: Bernadette
Topics of focus
- quarterly calendar of events!
- What we want to teach
- coordinating facilitators
- policy for courses (fees)
Terms of Reference
- To increase the frequency and variety of our educational programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Level of Authority
- This committee is able to approach volunteers and suggest they present workshops
- This committee is able to recruit new volunteers to present workshops
- This committee is able to arrange contracts for new workshop presenters within the bounds of the previously determined fee schedule (does not include sigining authority)
- Reports will be submitted by the education committee chair
- Reports will be submitted monthly, in writing, a week before the board meeting
Composition and Appointments
- The chair will be appointed by the board of directors
- Members in good standing may put forward their name to chair the committee
- Any EBC member can join the committee
- There is no limit to the number of members on this committee
- This committee will meet at minimum, twice a year (spring and fall)
- The committee should not need regular funding. There may be occasional projects that require funding. Those can be presented on a case-by-case basis to the board.
- This committee would benefit from having 1 staff member present at meetings.
- This committee will need 2-3 volunteers to determine the focus of the education programming.
Specific Annual Objectives
- There will be 2 new workshops each quarter, in 2012
- There will be 1 new workshop presenter in each quarter, in 2012
- There will be a 20% increase in the attendance at all workshops that were not previously filled
Reports and Target Dates
- Annual report will be submitted by Aug 31
Review and Evaluation Process
- Progress will be evaluated on a quarterly basis by the committee members
- Progress will be reported to the board in writing 1 week before the quarterly meeting
- Stats will be collected from workshop presenters to determine how the workshops are comparing to the annual goals
Approval Date and Review Date