Board Minutes September 2009
Voting: Christopher Chan, Bill Sellers, Sharon Barker, Michael Janz, Neil Carey, Erich Welz, Jason Ponto, Derek Pluim, Lauren Price, Keegan McEvoy
Non-Voting: David Feldman,
Summary of Action Items
- Lauren will follow up for next meeting with the volunteer who mentioned he may know someone to audit our financial statement on a volunteer basis.
- Erich will arrange for new Board members to obtain Bikeworks keys.
- Call to Order
- Board Membership
- Contact information was collected from each board member
- Positions were decided on by consensus:
- President:Christopher Chan
- Vice-President:Michael Janz
- Secretary:Bill Sellers
- Treasurer:Neil Carey
- Janz/McEvoy: motion to grant signing authority to new executive (named above), on TD account (account number omitted) and RBC account (account number omitted).
- Motion passed unanimously.
- Non-executive positions:
- BikeWorks Director: Erich Welz
- Communications Director:Keegan McEvoy
- Volunteer Coordinator:Lauren Price
- Community Events Director:Sharon Barker
- Office/Sponsorship and Fundraising Director:Derek Pluim
- Membership/Registration Director:Keith Hallgren
- Policy Director:Jason Ponto
- Board members discussed creating Board Committees and decided we will wait until our roles as directors are more defined. The Board will talk about structure, etc. at next meeting.
- Sharon asked for document created by Chris re: job description to be sent out- should be finalized with regards to policy.
- Monthly Meeting
- New Business
- Everyone will need keys. Erich will handle getting keys for new members as needed.
- David recommended Board Development Program as a valuable experience for the Board
- Transportation Master Plan: Jim, the Project Coordinator will be presenting. Derek, Keith and Michael and Bill can be there. Email comments, etc. to [email protected]
- The current Board supports the Project Coordinator in presenting at the Transportation Master Plan hearing on behalf of EBC.
- Tax Exemption Regulation
- This issue was brought up by Derek. Chris informed us we do not own the property so we are not tax exempt. Derek will get in touch with the board of directors of EBC’s landlord and let them know they may be tax exempt.
- In Camera Item
- Meeting moved in camera
- McEvoy/Barker: motion to move Ex-camera
- Welz/Carey: Motion to delegate Keegan, Bill, Chris and Sharon will follow up with any issues from the AGM.
- ACTION ITEM: Audited financial statements? Lauren will follow up for next meeting with the volunteer who mentioned he may know someone to audit our financial statement on a volunteer basis.
- Janz/McEvoy: motion to purchase Directors Liability insurance for the board.
- Price/Pluim: motion to adjourn.
1st Thursday of each month 6:30pm at BikeWorks.
Next meeting: Oct 1
Keegan will bring food.