Board Minutes March 2015
These minutes were approved at the June 2015 board meeting.
- 1 EBC Board Meeting Minutes for March 18, 2015
- 2 Attendance
- 3 Call to Order
- 4 Logistics for Next Meeting
- 5 Approval of Agenda, Minutes, Reports (5 min)
- 6 Current & Completed Business
- 7 In Camera Session (20 min)
- 8 Adjournment
EBC Board Meeting Minutes for March 18, 2015
Board meetings are open to the EBC members and the public.
- Location: Rm 113 Education South, U of A
- Start Time: 6:30pm
Please RSVP to [[email protected]] if you plan on attending. Please include a brief summary of any agenda item you would like to table. Thank you!
- Meeting Chair: Rachel
- Minute-taker: Geoffh
- Food by:
- Board attendance: Rachel, Alexey, Nancy, Geoff, Daniel, Adrian, Anna, Alex
- Staff attendance: none
- Regrets: Michelle, Jonathon
- Absent: Chris H, Chris C
- Guests: none
Call to Order
- Meeting called to order by Rachel at 6:37 pm.
Logistics for Next Meeting
- Date: Wed April 22
- Location: Room 113
- Chair: Adrian
- Minute-taker: Geoff
- Food by: Anna
Approval of Agenda, Minutes, Reports (5 min)
- Motion: To approve this March 2015 agenda, the Feb 2015 minutes, and reports as presented below. Moved by Nancy. Seconded by Alex . Motion Carried.
Executive Director's Report
- [ED Report Feb 2015] not posted
Current & Completed Business
Updates on Action Items From Previous Meeting (5 min)
- Everyone log your 2015 board volunteer hours for the past month.
- Everyone sign reports that you have reviewed each month.
- Committee Chairpersons to post all committee meetings to EBC calendar - public ones go on "EBC Events", other committee meetings go on "EBC Internal" calendar.
FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS'
- Aug 2014: HR Committee will create policy/procedure on dealing with volunteer service requirements and volunteer discipline process.
- Dec 2014: Michelle will take on completing the Financial Mgmt policy (incl petty cash max)
- Jan 2015: All board members will add questions or IT topics of interest to Geoff or add to Board Q & A doc.
- Feb 2015: Chris C becoming a tenant with JFC- we have applied and we are waiting to hear
- Feb 2015: Michelle expense reimbursement procedure with the financial management policy, will be treated together- michelle will follow up
- Job postings (program coordinator and external relations) have been offered and verbally accepted
- Jan 2015: Nancy will arrange new ED hours (40h/w until Sept 2015) with Chris and Neil accordingly.
- Hiring ???
- The Community Services Advisory Board (CSAB) has completed the review of the applications for the 2015 Community Investment Operating Grant (CIOG) and recommends that Edmonton Bicycle Commuters Society be awarded $17000. This year’s maximum grant award has been set at $17,000.
- ATB Grant - deadline March 11th - we applied (as per email from Jonathon)
- Mar 2015: 'HR committee Hazard assessment to be added to the HR to do list - Nancy lining up someone to perform this
- Rachel - Signs of Support grant - March 31st deadline - will coordinate with staff members (Daniel applied for this for another organization) - would be good to get signage at bikeworks north
- Daniel - Policy committee has worked on some financial policies
- Anna - mentioned Neighbourhood Engagement grant from CIty, will forward to Rachel
Social Media Policy - Daniel (10 min)
- Discussion notes:
- made some clarification since the last draft
- wording changes around contentious vs consensus
- no issues / problems brought up
- Motion: To approve the Social Media Policy. Moved by Adrian , seconded by Anna . Alex abstains: Alex, no objections Motion Carried.
Conflict of Interest Policy (10 min)
- Discussion notes:
- Motion: To adopt conflict of interest policy. Moved by Daniel , seconded by Adrian . Abstains: Alexey Motion Carried.
- Action Items: Nancy will bring or email conflict of interest forms for board to sign and return or scan and email, and board members will sign by the next the April board.
Plans for Retreat (10 min)
- Discussion notes:
- Discussed purpose of the day (see link to retreat agenda)
- External facilitator coming in (volunteering time)
- Discussed can we move to ... 11-4 instead of 9-1? Anna will check in with other board members/facilitator and confirm start time (see if we can start later)
In Camera Session (20 min)
- Motion: To go in camera. Motion Carried. note taker failed to record who moved and seconded
- HR discussion
- Motion: To close the in camera discussion. Motion Carried. note taker failed to record who moved and seconded
- Motion: To adjourn the meeting. . Motion Carried. note taker failed to record who moved and seconded