We need volunteers!
We are in great need of volunteers to help out with monitoring the bicycle parking compounds at Heritage Festival. We’ve been invited back this year to help secure the bikes for the thousands of people who ride to the festival, and we need many more volunteers. No experience necessary! We receive a large amount of donations at the festival, which supports the work that we do and the services we offer, and volunteers mostly get to relax, enjoy the festival, and sample some of the great tastes of the festival (patrons often donate food tickets to our volunteers!).
We also need many more volunteers for Sunday night at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, helping to shepherd taxis to the cab stand at the end of the night. Again, no experience is necessary, and your volunteering gets you a free day pass into the festival (on a day of your choice–it can be Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday), and also supports EBC financially.
For more information about the roles, the volunteer perks, and to sign up to volunteer, follow these links:
- August 5-7: Heritage Festival — Sit next to a field of bicycles while eating food.
- August 10-13: Edmonton Folk Music Festival — Tell taxis to go. Tell taxis to stop. No experience necessary. Get a free day pass.
- August 17 and 25: Edmonton International Fringe Festival — Tune up bicycles. Mechanical experience required.
- August 31 to September 3: Symphony Under the Sky — Listen to fantastic music from the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra while sitting next to a field of bicycles. Get free ESO tickets.
- September 6-7: Casino (fundraising via AGLC casino event) — Earn $$$ thousands in just a few hours! For EBC. Really. Your time at our casino events works out to a donation to EBC of about $315 per hour of your volunteer time, or about $2200 a shift.