EBC has partnered with SPARK, a 100% member-owned retail electrical power co-operative focused on green energy and renewable energy reinvestment. For each EBC member that makes the switch to SPARK as their electrical services provider, SPARK will direct $1.50 per month to The Spoke. This partnership will support The Spoke, our free earn-a-bike program for […]
Volunteers work with youth, providing mentorship while teaching skills. All sessions take place at BikeWorks North.
All participants have the chance to become instructors in future sessions with other youth from the community.
To be a part of it:
- read the nomination information sheet
- email [email protected] to nominate someone (including yourself!)
- visit us on Facebook
- Edmonton Community Foundation • Neighbourhood Empowerment Team: The Spoke
- Alberta Primetime • The Spoke
- CBC The Story From Here • Karmic justice
- Edmonton Police Service • NET finds common ground with 118 Ave youth
- Metro Edmonton • Edmonton youth bike program ready to shift into high gear
- City of Edmonton: State of the City Report 2012 • Kids Chop Bikes – in a Good Way
- Gigcity • Edmonton Bicycle Commuters’ new shop brings hope to blighted neighbourhood
- Boyle McCauley News • Edmonton Bicycle Commuters to Open Shop in McCauley
- CBC Radioactive • The Spoke
For more information about the program, or to volunteer or donate, please e-mail [email protected].
The Edmonton Bicycle Commuters’ Society provides everything to run The Spoke: the staff & volunteers, the space, tools, parts, bicycles, locks, helmets, lights, and the food for the youth that participate. We need ongoing support to fund this program. Individuals can donate online, while organizations should contact us directly to discuss ways to sponsor The Spoke.
Donate Online (via PayPal)