EBC’s Board of Directors accepts nominations throughout the year. Candidates are officially elected at our Annual General Meeting on Sunday October 4, 2015.
- Board candidates and voting members must be members in good standing. To check the status of your membership, to renew your membership, and to see the list of member benefits, please visit our membership page.
- All board members elected at the AGM will be oriented during October and November then begin their 2-year term in December.
- Board members are responsible for the governance of EBC – not the day-to-day operations which is managed by our staff.
- The time commitment is a minimum of 10 hours a month – please consider whether you are able to make this commitment prior to applying.
- Our board member job description and code of conduct is available on our wiki, along with recent meeting minutes and our Society’s bylaws and charitable objects. If you are unfamiliar with not-for-profit board governance, please read more here!
- This is a great way to contribute to EBC if you share the vision of a bike-friendly Edmonton and to shape the way EBC’s various programs develop. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, and we are particularly seeking members who have skills or interest in:
- non-profit management
- human resources
- organizational development (policies, decision-making, strategic planning, etc)
- grant writing, fundraising
- partnership development.
- Board candidates can be nominated “from the floor” of the annual general meeting, but interested folks are also encouraged apply in advance.
- Positions left vacant after AGM elections may be filled through the year by appointment by the Board of Directors. Appointed directors then get officially elected at the next AGM.
We are a growing organization with lots of projects on the go, and good governance is crucial to our success!
If you know of anyone who fits the bill, including yourself, please apply today!
If you have any questions about the board, or just need a little encouragement, please e-mail [email protected].